FROM THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
I take great pleasure in welcoming you to the BEST SEAT IN THE HOUSE (JAMAICA) [BSH], the Ultimate Jamaican television channel, which is here to present “The Best of Jamaica to the World”.
Several years ago I conceived this channel as a platform to share my creative ideas and experiences with you. Having spent over 45 years in the creative industries, I have covered a vast amount of territory and learnt a lot along the way.
I’m sharing this chapter of my life with many of the talented persons I encountered along the way, while using BSH to expose emerging talents and youngsters who have dreams like mine and need an outlet to express themselves. Much talent exists in Jamaica – past, current and future. You will find them here, as we give them an opportunity to earn a living doing what they love.
Our programme mix includes content from the archives, new comedies, dramas, reality shows, some sporting events, features on what’s happening now, attractions, trail-blazers worldwide, programmes connecting Jamaicans at home with those abroad . . . and much more.
Then there’s the radio link – LRMX, The Light Reggae Mix – our original exciting music format which provides easy-listening Jamaican selections from the 60’s to the present . . . to relax you 24/7.
Without investors, we are compelled to charge a small subscription fee so we can produce the exciting mix of programmes we have conceptualized. We start conservatively and keep on adding new programmes every month. Some features will be Pay-Per- View events – like Play of the Month, Movie of the Month and our stand-up comedy series, Chuckles.
Join us on the ride. By subscribing early you can help to make it happen. We promise you value for your money. “The Best of Jamaica to the World”: That’s BSH. Enjoy it.
February 13, 2018
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE PRODUCER
- Graduate of Ryerson University (Toronto) in Radio & Television Arts (1966-69)
- Programme Manager (JBC Radio (1970 – 1971)
- Managing Director, ED WALLACE PRODUCTIONS
- Creator, Producer & Writer of radio features (including UNDER THE LAW, THE
RIGHTS OF THE CHILD, GOING TO THE BANK)
- Producer of radio serials (MARLENE, BABYLON, UPTOWN DOWNTOWN)
- Former franchise holder for MISS JAMAICA UNIVERSE
- Programming Consultant with FAME-FM (1990 – 1991)
- Programme Manager at KLAS-FM (Supervised change of format to a sports-driven
station) (2000 – 2002)
- Television Producer (Created and produced SARGE IN CHARGE starring Oliver Samuels)
- Theatre Producer whose 37 productions included: THE RAPIST, OPERATION P—- !,MY SON’S FRIEND and BOEING BOEING
- Creator and co-writer of the movie DANCEHALL QUEEN
- Producer/Promoter of major concerts and other events featuring JIMMY CLIFF, THE
SPINNERS, BEN E. KING, CHINESE ACROBATS and BLACKSTONE THE